Friday, January 20, 2012

A different professional version of me

In the case I didn’t choose study psychology i’d chosen Translation. I `ve always loved the languages and dreamed about being a polyglot. I’m still interested in learn many foreings languages, but now like a hobby. They really motivate me.


                             That's my alternative dream, but I'd have better haircut (and shirt)


So… why didn’t I just study that? Because I really don’t know what place i would choose for this proyect, so, i think this constituted disadvantage to this option. But, the main reason is that I think contents wouldn’t satisface me as much as psychology’s does.  I mean, of course I have some talent in the linguistic things, but they don’t passionate me like psychology does. Just think psychoanalisys and help people to move on in their lives (open their heart, their minds, free them of their childhood traumas, etc.) excite me way more than just transalte documents and assist to conferences. This doesn’t means that i didn’t realised of the disadvantages of being psychologist but considerating the pro’s and the contra’s psychology fits me better.    
I’m proud of my resolution. If it’s right that maybe i won’t travel as much i can like an ambassador (that would be an alternative expression of the languages skills). And sometimes i still imagine this alternative. I think it’d be very pleasant watch the diversity of cultures, explore different cities and know a lot about japanese, frech, english and portuguese (my favourites cultures and their respectives languages). But i think i also travel there in vacations or in a master degree – trip. So I just say I didn’t quit to languages. And I Won’t.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kenny... I would like to learn a lot of lenguages too, I think that is an interesting way to learn about other countrys, but I do not know that I would choose tranlation as a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is great that you like leran other languages and if you have the chance you should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other languagues!! it´s very interesting I love languagues how French, Italian. I´m wait that in a future you can study this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to study other languages in the future too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could, I would learn French, 'cause someday I'd like to live in Canada (people there speak both languages, English and French). When I was on highschool I learned some basic things about French, but not too much :B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is great that you like learn other languages!!! I Like French!

    ReplyDelete